THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Exciting part of my day: Seeing two really fat quail in my complex (thinking Obadiah, Paul and David would have been running for their guns!) and a bunny rabbit (again..running for their guns)
Boring part of my day: Sitting through computer orientation and spending 6 hours of my day at work learning the ropes (ho-hum, but a necessary evil)
Happy part of my day: Entering my apartment and not having to fight with the stupid lock (it tends to hold on to my key even when I try to get it out of the lock)
Sad part of my day: Realizing I may not be able to come up on the weekends whenever I want because of work (they may schedule me for some weekends)
Surprising part of my day: Finding an excel spreadsheet full of wedding breakdowns like budget, guest list, bridal shower guest list, miscellaneous things, and websites in an e-mail from my mom (What can I tell you? The lady is excited, motivated and works fast)
Not-so-surprising part of my day: My roommate is not here when I am (out with the bf as usual)

So now that you're up to date on all of that, what else is there left to say except that I miss everyone terribly, especially when I get home and just want to talk or spend time with someone and I can't! I want to vent about my not-so-fun day and no one is here to listen to me...except my computer, which is not technically mine anyway.
My co-workers seem cool. I found out some interesting things already. The other summer intern is positively sweet as can be and I really like her already. We're the same age and so far, we get along famously (this said after a few conversations between droning lectures about computer applications and Safari internet applications..) I also found out the man who hired me who is the Metro editor has "a partner." Interesting. Nice guy though, but definitely a journalist. You can't really peg the mood he's in. Anyway, we had one lady we were working with who is really nice also and more than willing to help us out with whatever we need, so that's cool.
I had to take a photo right off the bat this morning for security purposes. Apparently the office stepped up security ever since 9/11 and the anthrax scares. I have to admit, it's probably the best ID picture I've ever taken. If it wasn't so large I'd try to tape it over my driver's license picture which is sorely outdated (think 15 years old, elated to get driver's permit).
What else....oh, I got a mailbox today, so if anyone wants to send me anything, talk to Obadiah and he'll give it to you. (Who knows what kind of riff-raff read my blog everyday...) :) Just kidding...
I hope everyone's doing well and that youth group and daily lives are going well. I'm finally getting back into a really good routine, which I'm very pleased about. I'm getting to bed by 10:30, waking up by 6 a.m., running and reading my Bible. Maybe some good will come out of this seclusion from the world I call "home."
Anyhoo, drop me a comment if you feel like it. Take care and God bless!
Toodles from Tucson!

No comments: