THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 10, 2004

Hello everyone...
Well, it looks like it's going to be a busy next couple of days for me. I'm going to work on a story tomorrow (hopefully the people will call me back), then I'll have TWO stories to report on Saturday. Fortunately, only one of the stories is due that night and will run on Monday. The other one will run on Thursday. I also have 2 other stories in the works now, and I reported and wrote a story today. PHEW...I really enjoy doing this though. The busier, the better for me. It keeps me from having too much time to dwell on feelings of homesickness.
Speaking of home, I'll be back Sunday for a bridal show, then Monday I have an eye appointment, lunch with Obadiah, hopefully some time with my sister, dinner with my dad and hopefully more time with Obadiah. Tuesday I don't have to be back in town until around one because I'm doing the "cop shop" shift from 2-11pm. I'm a little nervous only because I haven't had to cover a cop story by myself yet. I'm so worried that I'll end up driving to the wrong place and totally missing something! Oh well, I guess we'll see. They say Mondays are pretty slow for crime...probably because criminals are too tired from the weekend, or so I speculate. It would make the most sense to me at least...
This morning's run was just great. The weather was in the 60s and the high today was like 92. It was a beautiful day. So beautiful in fact, I may go running again after my food settles a bit.
Tomorrow night the other intern, Lynn, and I may go to a Sidewinders game. It should be interesting because it's "Military night" and since there's a base really close by, I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of guys there tomorrow. I've also found out that Shaun Groves (one of my favorite Christian artists) is coming to Tucson on July 10th. Might be cool to see him play if I don't have to work. The only bummer is that it's $15 general admission. Can you believe that? That's a lot of money--seems like more than usual for a Christian concert. I don't know, maybe the venue is small. The other thing, really funny, if you do the "gold circle" for an extra $5, you get dessert and coffee--ooo la la!
Hmm...what else? Well, my bout with shopping is increasingly better. I haven't been shopping for things that aren't necessary all week long. I went to the grocery store yesterday and could've bought a magazine, but instead I only bought 2 gallons of water and some low fat ice cream sandwiches...which are really yogurt sandwiches, but for some reason that just doesn't seem as appealing. Anyway, those are my slightly sinful treat, though at 130 cal and 5 grams of fat, how much harm can they really do? Especially if you only eat 1. I have to say, eating 2 is quite tempting, but then I think of the treadmill (which I despise by the way, but put up with if I can't go out running by myself at night), and how much time it takes to burn off that amount of calories. I've decided what I need to do is start putting stickies on all my food so it says, instead of calories, how long I'd need to run on the treadmill to burn it off. That might stave off my cravings for a bit...or get me running more, whichever comes first!
Well, I think I've tired of all of my cleverness for the day. Off to find something productive to do without my roommate (her boyfriend's back in town now).
Toodles from Tucson!

No comments: