THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 21, 2004

Wow...I guess I've been a little busy lately. Well, I'm still waiting on something to do today. Things are really slow and I'm not sure if it's because my editor just doesn't have anything for me to do or what, but oh well. Four more hours of work. I think that probably bothers me the most--I'm getting paid for doing nothing. I mean, you would think that would be good, but I think if you're going to pay me for doing nothing, let me go do something I want to do--like go shopping. Even if I can't really buy anything right now, still, at least I'd be doing something and not just sitting here staring at a computer screen all day long, trying to find something to do.
I have two stories in the works right now, but I'm waiting on contact with a few people. That's definitely what stinks about newspaper reporting, you're just waiting on people to call you back a good portion of the time...
Well, the wedding preparation pinch is just beginning for us. This weekend was a weekend of talking about caterers, decorations, dresses, times, dates, blah blah blah. We did a catering tasting on Friday and that went well. We're just waiting on the "numbers" now. I think the hardest thing about this whole wedding thing is that we are so limited on how many people can spend time with us at the reception after the wedding. It really stinks. I guess I just don't want my wedding to end up being this "party" where all of the people attending are relatives. I want my friends there, but then you have to decide which friends to invite over which friends, if we can even invite kids to the reception (of course you don't want kids running amuk in the reception hall or even getting loose outside and getting into the lagoon or the pool or something) and that brings in the whole issue of parents we want to invite. I know that parents won't have as good of a time if they have to watch their kids...I don't know...then you've got the dynamic of me wanting to invite the two boys (almost 12 and 10) I've watched for forever and the flower girl and then not inviting other kids and having other parents who are invited to the reception getting mad because they couldn't bring their kids....:sigh: It's just so freakin' complicated in that we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but we know it's going to happen...Eloping is seriously looking more appealing, however, the biggest, most important thing about getting married (aside from marrying my best friend, of course) is having those I love there to celebrate the day. I want my grandparents from Maine there. I want my closest friends there. I want close family friends there. Anyway, I'm sure this won't be the last you here from me and my griping about the wedding invitation list...
What else? Well, I'm looking forward to wedding dress hunting one of these days, although my mom's already gone without me. Quite interesting if you ask me, but whatever, parents are just inherently "different," right? Someday I'll be "different" too...oh goody.
:Sigh: I'm so bored. What else can I do here, I have no idea.
Went to college group Friday and I'm so incredibly happy I was able to go. It was nice to see a good portion of the group and then hang out later. I loved being home, although living out of a suitcase is getting a little old. However, that won't be happening again any time soon. I probably won't be going back to Phoenix again during this internship, but I guess we'll see what happens with everything. From what I gather, they'll really be using us in the month of July. It's good to be the intern.
I'll call it quits for now...later!
Toodles from Tucson!

No comments: