THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Hey kids!
Sorry it's been a little while since I've blogged. It's been pretty busy since I got back from my weekend jaunt to Phoenix, which was much needed, by the way. There's something about being able to get back home--even just driving into Mesa I was feeling relieved. However, I have to say that I am getting very used to this place in terms of knowing where things are located.
Today I worked on a kids group visiting a local fire station. Not exactly hard-hitting news, but I'll take it. It did make me miss working with the kids though and just hearing all of the cute things they were saying was precious. The kids were trying on the firefighter's uniforms. I'm sure you can picture it, but these little boys were putting on the fireman pants with the suspenders, the butt of the pants was down at their knees, the extra pooled around their little feet. Then one of them put on the fireman's hat--backwards! It was too adorable! It was fun just interacting with them and asking them questions about what they learned while they were there. Cutie pies.
So yes, I miss my summer job with the boys. :) Hi guys if you read this...
In other news, just keeping busy with many stories and, I will be back up this weekend! Yippee! We've got a catering tasting tomorrow evening before college group, then we have college group and then I think we're playing volleyball at our house--well, it's Obadiah's now at least, but it's kinda mine too...
I'm looking forward to being with my dad on Father's Day, but it's sort of bittersweet because while I'm celebrating, my best friend will be grieving. Her dad just died right before I came down here so it'll be the first one without him. I can't even imagine. Father's Day has taken on a different meaning to me since my dad's heart attack back when I was 18. He was once Superman, but that day he turned human. So take advantage of every day with your dad because you honestly never know...
See you tomorrow kids!
Jen

No comments: