THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 06, 2004

It's midnight and I just returned from hanging out with the other intern who is from Iowa. She's really cool and fortunately for me, has the same value system as me. It definitely makes things a lot easier in terms of going out. She wanted to check out a band her roommate had told her about, but when we got to the bar they were playing at, they weren't there. Guess they had the night off. Anyway, we got strawberry daiquiris anyway and sat and listened for a bit, but we felt a little out of place. We were probably the youngest in the bar by about 10 years at the very least. So then we got out of there and decided to go explore the town a bit.
We went to the "Mill Avenue" of Tucson (what a joke!) and walked around for like 10 minutes. It has a ways to go if it wants to compete with Tempe. Then we cruised a little more and I showed her where a few shopping spots were around where I lived. It was good to get out of the house because it kept my mind of the homesickness I've been dealing with in a major way. With any luck I'll be able to come up next weekend, but I still have to check on it. I'll for sure be able to come up on Father's Day weekend which I'm extremely happy about!
Tomorrow I'm going to try out a church and I have no idea if it's going to be good or not. It's your standard non-denomination, so we'll see. Hopefully it's not stuffy. Then Chelsea should be coming over sometime tomorrow though I don't know if it's afternoon or evening. But that'll be good to be with her even though she's going to be going through a tough time.
I'm off to bed--very very sleepy.
Toodles from Tucson!

No comments: