THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 11, 2004

Good morning all!
Well, my story was going to run today, but they decided to leave it for tomorrow, however, it is making it into section A--I guess anything on Reagan right now makes it there--whoohoo for me! It's actually a pretty good story though, if I do say so myself. So watch for posts tomorrow...
Today I'll be reporting on a new class being offered at UA, which I actually enterprised and pitched. My editor loved the idea, so I'm getting out there today. Fortunately summer school is going on, so I'll be able to ask students on campus if they would consider taking the class in the fall. Kind of fun. So that will probably run tomorrow also.
What else? Well, tonight we'll go see the Sidewinders. I'm not much for baseball games, however, it's something to do.
I'm proud to report that I followed through with what I thought I might do yesterday evening. After dinner, I went running again, same exact distance, which I think is 4 miles round trip. Basically I ran for an hour yesterday for however long the distance was. Then I went to the workout room to lift weights and stretch and ran into a girl there that I'd seen running on the treadmill the other night. Normally I wouldn't just ask any girl running on a treadmill if she'd like to go running sometime, but she looked like she had been running on the treadmill at a decent pace for quite a while so I figured it might work. So we're going to go running next Friday morning. I'm not sure what pace she runs at, but she says it's around 10 minute miles. So we'll see how that goes. Better to have a partner than no one right? Although I have to say I've been having a pretty good time running by myself just because the surroundings are new and different. Just gotta crank my CD player, which also has a radio, and just go. So yesterday was a very good work out day.
This Wednesday I think I'm going to do an activity with my editor. I found out the other day that she used to do cross country, covered it a lot a few years ago and still runs pretty frequently. She also ran the Boston Marathon a little while back. Pretty cool...anyway, so we may go running together sometime and she also has dogs, so we may take them running. Wednesday there's this thing that goes on called an Aquathon where you swim a 1/2 mile and then run 3 miles. I guess she says about 60 people usually do it, so it would add some variety to my work out routine. I won't be able to do it very often because it costs $5 a pop, but we'll see.
So that's about it for me today. Hope everyone's doing well and maybe I'll see some of you this weekend.
Toodles from Tucson!

No comments: