THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 28, 2004

Again, the Internet has been down for the last few days. Que terrible! Very frustrating. When my connection with the outside world is lost, man is it not fun. Anyway, just got off of work a bit ago. It was a very nice day because I just had a short brief to work on and tied up a few loose ends with another story. I also played around on-line in the down time looking at wedding dresses and bridesmaids dresses and the sort. It's hard to pick the right colors!!! I don't know what I'm going to do. Let me know if you have any color combination suggestions. Although Obadiah might be opposed, I love pink and champagne--so a main color that would be springy and match would be good. Brain storm for me people...
What else? Well, after reading several bridal magazines, I realize that I need to really whip myself into shape. I mean, I'm not in terrible shape, but dangit, I wanna look good on our wedding day! :) So fun times for me--I'll be staying away from the sweets as much as possible, though I've already failed today (I ate a chocolate chip cookie, nevermind the size of it--but I ate a salad to counterbalance it!). Food. Food sux. I wish we didn't have to eat--it seems like such a waste of time and money--then we'd also never have to worry about being gluttonous, you know? Well, at least I wouldn't--I just like food way too much. The more I like it, the more I have to run, which I've been doing by the way...
So that's my ongoing saga with what is commonly referred to as "the battle" (I'd say "bulge," but the task of losing a little bit of extra body fat doesn't seem so "bulgy" to me...).
Happy day, it rained yesterday and the clouds are building in a grey sky to the east. Yesterday was crazy. Lightning and thunder and tons of wind--oh it was so nice! I absolutely loved it! Rain is great. Especially in the desert. There's nothing like the smell of rain in the desert--that musty, dusty, I-can't-put-my-finger-on-that-smell smell. You know what I mean if you live here. If not, you should move here because Arizona's great.
Anyway, what else? Hmm...I had something else. Oh! The 4th of July weekend. Well, my friend Chelsea needs a place to stay Friday night, so I'm going to stick around here for that, then Obadiah's probably going to come visit me on Saturday and spend the day with me, and my friend the intern, Lynn, is working Saturday day. I think what we've planned now is Lynn is going to come up to Phoenix with me, stay with me and we'll go to a BBQ and fireworks with my parents and maybe ditch out to hang out with some of the college people. WHO'S HAVING A SCHINDIG? I know there'll be a youth group party, but aside from that? We'll have to figure it out. Let me know if anyone will be up for a late night hang out on Sunday night since most people dont' have to go to work the next day--well, most people except us INTERNS! Yes, I have to work Monday afternoon/night. From 2pm until 11pm I'll be working the cops shift. Pray that people are just hung over and staying home for the evening, PLEASE! No homocides or people falling down elevator shafts and getting crushed by the ensuing cart--this really happened today. I guess a guy fell down the shaft, elevator hit him, he was swung up onto the top of the cart and then the people inside saw blood dripping from the ceiling. Crazy huh? Pretty bad and unbelievable that something like that happened. Anyway, Jen wants none of that on her shift...
Well, I think I've babbled for long enough. I'm getting into my Bible more (finally!) and have once again picked up my Left Behind book and the Purpose Driven Life book so hopefully those will be finished this summer and I'll have some spiritual growth to show from it. (not that growth comes directly from a book mind you)
Toodles from Tucson!
Jen
P.S. Worship leader on Sunday had us sing "Praise Him" by the David Crowder Band. What an awesome worship song it is! Ohhhohhh Praaaiissee Hiimmm... 0:)

No comments: