THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 03, 2004

It's 11 o'clock at night and I'm tired, but tonight was good. Earlier this evening, Sarah (my roommate) came home and we talked a bit. Her boyfriend went back to Illinois for a little while, so she was just going to go over to the mall to look at something. I offered to go with and so we did. We had a great time shopping together (yes I bought one thing, a $13 shirt) and then we came back to the apartment and started chatting. We talked about a lot of things we both struggle with and it was nice to talk to someone I could relate so well to. I think it's possible, if I see her more often, that we could try keeping each other accountable with the Bible. She's not sure where hers is at the moment, but she said she definitely needed to get back into it. She had a great head on her shoulders and appearances certainly aren't as they seem in that situation. I understand where she's coming from on many accounts...The other interesting thing I found out is that she loves Sleeping Beauty. Crazy because that is my all-time favorite character...she's even collected some of the dolls, just like me! So the parallels are endless and we're getting along great. I think if I saw her more often we could become really great friends.
That was fun tonight, although I had to call Obadiah back after all of that was over and by that time he was already foggy from being asleep for a little while. So he basically dozed off on me for a few seconds until I asked if he was still there about 5 times :) I felt bad about waking him up, but I just feel better hearing the sound of his voice. It just feels like it's one of those really busy weeks during school where I have a ton of commitments and he has a ton of commitments and we just don't have the time to spend together. The difference there is that I know it will be at least 2 more weeks until I see him again...one if I'm extremely lucky.
Today was good at work. I covered a story about a house that had been historically preserved in the presidio downtown area. I interviewed the main archaeologist who dug up everything from Hohokam pottery and human remains to a love letter from the 60s. That part was definitely interesting. It was also interesting to see how they restored many of the existing walls that are made of a very delicate adobe material. The walls were basically crumbling at the seems. OH, before i forget, it will be on starnet tomorrow and in the paper tomorrow! Whoohoo! My mammopad article will be out on Saturday instead.
Tomorrow's article will be on the Tucson Indian Center moving to the downtown area. We'll see what that's all about. I love being able to be snoopy for a living! It's so much fun. You pretty much have every right to ask whatever question you want to know and I think that's great!
Well I better get to bed. It's getting more difficult to type now.
Toodles from Tucson!

No comments: