THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 31, 2004

2nd day in Tucson and it's getting better. I'm feeling a little bit more comfortable living in this apartment with a person I don't know. Sarah (my roommate) got in this morning from her boyfriend's at about 10 and I went out to make breakfast. She's preparing for the LSAT's in a few weeks, so she had to study. We were able to talk for a while and it was pretty cool. She runs, though it's not something she completely enjoys and says she'd go running with me sometime. She also attends Calvary Chapel here in Tucson with her boyfriend on Saturday nights and, from what I've gathered, they've been together for the last three years. It sounds like they've had many people speak into their lives about getting married rather than "living in sin" although that's not the terminology she used. I think I've got a pretty good opportunity to build a relationship with her and who knows. Please pray for Sarah and I's relationship. I'm going to see if she and her boyfriend wouldn't mind me tagging along this Saturday night to her church and I found out that the church has a college and career group that meets on Friday nights for Bible study, so I'll probably check that out this week.
So all of that is really exciting and I'm so glad I was able to talk to her this morning to get a feel for who she is.
I went running this morning and it reminded me of running in the South Mountain/Awatukee area. There are rolling foothills and lots of desert areas with small sidewalks. I really enjoyed it. I especially enjoy running in a new location to get to know the area a little better, although I've already seen some areas that I won't be running in any time soon.
The grounds at this apartment are just gorgeous. I'm right next to the tennis court, basketball court, sand volleyball court and pool. The pool is unbelievable and there are tons of barbeque areas too. So if anyone is ever up for coming down to visit, we could have a nice barbeque. Sam's Club is right around the corner so we get get lots of really good, cheap meat too. Anyway, something to think about. In terms of sleeping over, I'd have to check with my roommate to find out when her friend is coming to visit, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a big deal for people to spend the night on the couch.
That's about it for now. Toodles from Tucson!

No comments: