THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

:Sigh: A lull in work right now. Just waiting to get the script for tonight's show so I can begin my "coordinating" duties.
Today I bought Obadiah's present for our 2-year anniversary (next Thursday, by the by) and of course, I'm not going to say what I got him, but suffice to say it is great and he's going to love it! I so enjoy getting people presents and shopping for others...then again, I like shopping for myself too...maybe I just like shopping... :)
Anyway, so I got that done today, whoohoo (was racking my brain for a while trying to figure out what to get him), and now it is only 10 days until I am in Tucson. Pretty crazy huh? It's amazing to me that this time has already flown by--I've been out of school for a whole week already!
So for all of you looking for something new to try, a way to get your eating habits in order and drop your BMI number, listen up! I just found a great book. It's called the "G.I. Diet." It's not really a diet though, it's more like a way to get your eating lifestyle in order. It goes in two phases, however, the first phase is getting used to a new way of eating and watching food and getting to your ideal BMI number. However, the second phase is all about incorporating your new eating lifestyle into your future. The diet basically focuses on your glucosamine index (or is it glucose index...). It's like a diabetic. When their sugar levels get low, they snag a banana or orange juice which spikes their levels and also their insulin levels. The bad part about doing this to yourself is that most of those foods 1) don't stick around for long, so you get hungrier faster 2) store quicker as fat in your body and actually can prevent burning more fat. So you cut out lots of the processed foods, eat more fruits and vegetables and good complex carbohydrates (stone ground wheat) and cut down on lots of dairy products, especially cheese because of all the saturated fat (bad for the heart folks). It's a way to really watch what you're eating and get healthy and faze out the bad stuff.
I started reading the book yesterday (read the entire thing; very concise and makes perfect sense)and I realized while I was reading it, that the things I thought were really healthy (pretzels, fat free yogurt, fat free jello pudding, etc) are not that great because they boost you up really quick, but don't really satisfy for long.
I started today with the "diet" and have had oatmeal (no sugar)and an apple for breakfast, a tuna sandwich on whole wheat for lunch and an apple and water for a snack. I'm actually feeling really good. The other benefit, so the book says, is that you'll feel less lethargic from all of the bad stuff you consume.
Other things about it, in phase one: no alcohol (bad news for us just-turned-21-year-olds), no caffeine (no problem for me since I hate coffee and soda--except for the occasional root beer), no ice cream (sniff, sniff), no pizza (sniff sniff sniff), no milk chocolate (sniff,sniff, sniff, sniff), no fried or battered....so no junk food. The book teaches you to eat HEALTHY and BALANCED.
I sound like a salesperson don't I? Anyway, I need some encouragement, so no waving pizza, ice cream (or any kind of dessert for that matter!) or chocolate under my nose, k? Anyone want to join me so I have some comradarie?

No comments: