THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

I feel you call my name
And I know that you are here
I've waited all day long
To shed these weary tears.
You call to me in my darkness
And tell me everything's all right
That you've never left me alone
And that you're bringing me the light.
I smile through glistening eyes
As you sit down to comfort me
And I feel you sympathize
As you tell me I am free.

Still here I am left pondering
The simplest of all things
Wondering where you went
And what the future brings.
I've been dealing with this pain in my heart
For longer than I care to admit
And still it remains here, everpresent
In this place where I sit.

Why do so many wish to inflict pain
And teach a child they're not good enough
That no matter what they do the bar is raised
And the good girl needs to be tough?
Take away her tears
Her ways to vent
Take away her forgiveness
Saying it's already been spent?
Good enough for a time
But mistakes will cost her
And regaining what she once had
Will take quite some time, for sure.

What they don't know can hurt her
For she's taken the lessons learned
She's implemented them in her own life now
And believes forgiveness is earned.

No comments: