THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Good morning everyone! (or at least it is as I'm writing this)
What's new? The day! A very warm one. :sigh:
So I hear that some the leaders from the high school group went and ambushed the senior high students at 4 this morning. Quite interesting. I'm thanking my lucky stars that I wasn't around at their age and that my pastor's wife and leaders didn't grab me out of bed before school. I can't even imagine. However, it does remind me of cross country camp...
We would run twice daily; once, very early in the morning and once in the afternoon. However, the morning was the roughest. We didn't use alarm clocks (because most didn't have them at camp) and we stayed up decently late. We met up with another team from Wickenburg and their coach had a daily habit of playing the bugle to wake us up. After the first two mornings of that you can bet I was awake and ready for the horn. I'm not sure there is a worse way to wake up...wait, I take that back. My mom used to wake my sister and I up in the morning by flipping on the lights and singing "Rise and Shine." I'm scarred for life by both that song and I can't sleep if there's a hint of light in my room. It's interesting how things from your childhood can affect you when you're older...
So, lesson kids, when you have your own kids, don't torture them with "the lights" in the morning to wake them up. You'll forever have kids who won't be able to sleep if there is any bit of light out.
I'm not sure how the leaders woke up the teens, but I hope they didn't use any of the aforementioned techniques because I don't think that would put many people in good moods for the day. Then again, they did get to go to Denny's at 6 a.m.
Off to work I go, hi ho hi ho. More transcripts to be completed. For all of you who don't know, when a show offers to send you the transcripts, that means the closed captioning people (the people who type up everything that's said in a show), send the station the copy, then it is turned over to the interns to watch the tape IN ITS ENTIREITY only to place who said what before each quote in the copy. For this I am glad that Horizon and Horizonte are only half hour programs. I feel bad for the interns at Dr. Phil's show. I will NEVER EVER ask for a transcript for that reason.
Toodles. :)

No comments: