THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 30, 2004

Hello from Tucson!
I'm here, sitting at my desk in my "new" apartment in Tucson and I have to say, it's pretty nice. I have a shelf above my desk area where I've put some framed pictures (no, they're not all of Obadiah!) so it looks a little more like home. I have a feeling it's going to be a little lonely around here because my roommate is out with her boyfriend pretty frequently, from what I've been told. Anyhoo, I have a bed that's pretty big, a nice bathroom and a closet with one door. That wouldn't be odd if it weren't for the fact that it's supposed to have two doors on it. Oh well, fine by me. My clothes and shoes fit in it, so what more could you ask for (except maybe more clothes...).
So back to shopping, the mall is literally a mile away from where I am and there are tons of other stores too. Pretty crazy if you ask me. People, I don't request living quarters near malls, but somehow it continues to happen! Obadiah's house (in less than a year, Obadiah and I's house) is right near Chandler Fashion and as it is, I am a mere 3 miles from Fiesta Mall. Thank goodness I don't live near Scottsdale Fashion!
I'm sure you're bored with the shop talk, so I'll stop...
It was tough leaving today, but for more than the reasons of leaving family, friends and a fiance (I love saying that!). This morning I checked my e-mail only to find one from my best friend saying she needed to talk to me immediately. I'd never received an e-mail like that from her before so I knew it was serious. Her dad died of a heart attack on Thursday. I had just talked to her on Wednesday night after Obadiah and I got engaged and everything was going great with the family, better than it had been in a long time. Then, bam!, the next morning he was gone. It suddenly brought back a flood of emotion and reminded me of when my dad had a heart attack when I was 18. Heart attacks are just so prevelent now, it's just frightening to me. I'm so afraid of losing other people to the same health condition. To everyone reading this: Please take care of yourself. Extra weight around the mid-section makes you more likely to suffer a heart attack, not getting sufficient cardiovascular exercise, eating poorly--fried foods, saturated fats (think butter, ice cream, animal fats, etc), cholesterol laden foods---please, if not for anyone else, do it for me. Also, you don't have to have weight problems to have heart problems--remember that. I love you all, please take care of yourselves!
So now I'm in a dilemma because I can't up and leave my job that I'll start on Tuesday and fly to Washington to be by my best friend's side, but I feel the strong urgency to be there for her. I can't imagine doing it without your best friend there.
Please keep the family in your prayers. My best friend's name is Christal and her mom's name is Jayne.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself the next two days. I have to check out the drive to work tomorrow to figure out how to get to the newspaper office. Aside from that, I won't have anything to do or anyone to do "nothing" with. What can you do though?
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, I've got a comments section now...feel free.
P.S. Tucson is not as ghetto as I thought it would be.

No comments: