THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Hey kids! It's 10:30 and I'm quitting my studying for the night. My last two finals are tomorrow and I have an optional term paper due as well. Thanks for all who have sent up a little prayer or two for me lately. I'm hanging in there and am in much better spirits now that the light at the end of the tunnel is visible. I've been studying hard and it's almost all over with!
I've noticed, for the umpteenth time, that my obsessive nature tends to return around stressful times such as these and you know what I easily turn to? Okay, so there's a list and it's not in any particular order or anything, but here's what I've noticed....
Dealing with something tough, emotional---cleaning (good time to think and get something done...however, dirt just seems to stand out more when I'm upset..what's up with that?)
Dealing with school---food ( I become ravenous and I have no idea why--but I've been drinking gallons of water to try to combat this and also trying to incorporate low cal things that are chocolate as opposed to the really bad stuff--i.e Ben & Jerry's will NEVER be full fat)
Dealing with a comination of the two or just want to celebrate--shopping (c'mon girls, you gotta understand me on this one! I mean, I don't spend a fortune (thank goodness or I'd be flat broke!) but there's something about getting a new pair of earrings or buying that darling Audrey Hepburn purse with a picture straight from Breakfast at Tiffany's on it with rhinestone accents....okay, so it was my $20 splurge for the week...)
Anyway, my point in all this is simply analytical. What is my deal and where in the heck did these coping mechanisms come from? I mean, writing does the trick most of the time for me, but sometimes it feels like I'm dwelling on something if I write about it. So welcome to a day in the life of Jen. Sit back, fasten your seatbelts, folks...(u know the rest).
So Obadiah broke the news---he is signing the papers on the house tomorrow and getting the keys on Friday. It's very exciting, but I've already warned him that he's not allowed to make any drastic changes to the house this summer without talking to me first. I figure "hey, it'll be my house in a matter of...well, one year from Friday." :)
I hope you all are doing great out there and I will continue to survive until tomorrow afternoon around 4ish. After that, I will be in meltdown mode and will only be focused on relaxing and coming down from a ridiculous studying high...or is it considered a low..? I don't know. Anyway, I'll be trying to get back to my normal self (whatever that means!).
Chat later...

No comments: