THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Obedience.
I walked in your shadow,
One step it seemed behind.
Believing I had everything
But one thing left to find.
I asked you for the blessing,
But you only turned and smiled
Told me just to wait and see
Which drove me nearly wild.
I felt I had deserved it
And often grew angry with you.
Asking you why I couldn't have it
Asking if there was anything I could do.

But we continued on down the pathway
Meeting many friends along the way,
Me always asking you if I could have it yet
You only smiling in a way words couldn't say.

Then the day came when you finally turned
And stopped me at a point
I asked you what you wanted me to do
And you blessed me and began to annoint.
I felt so unworthy of this love
Uncertain that it was the time
Questioning you if you were really certain
That this blessing should be mine.

You turned me to the blessing with a smile
And continued on your walk,
And I followed, amazed,
As we began to talk.

Somewhere along the way we stopped,
And you waited there too
Asking us to join you again,
Reminding us that your love was true.
But it was so easy to get wrapped up in ourselves
And turn the other cheek
Sometimes only talking about our earthly lives
Not listening to you speak.

My heart desires to give my blessing back
So you can hold it and lift it up
So that you can bless the blessing
And overfill his cup.
I've been so fortunate, so graced
With the gift from above
And more than anything I want to honor you
And show you the depth of my love.

So I give it to you to hold
Knowing in the future you'll give it back
My blessing will be even more amazing
More prepared to make an impact.
I'll never be able to express my gratitude
After all is said and done
But I know that you will be standing there
After the race is raced and won.
Inspired by 1 Samuel 1:1

No comments: