THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

So guess what my only class tomorrow is...take a guess, just one guess...
No, not Spanish...math? Ha! Yeah right!
ULTIMATE FRISBEE!!!!! WHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO! I'm more than excited to take this class. Every Wednesday and Friday at 9:40 I will be running around with a frisbee playing one of the greatest sports known to man. However, I have met a handful of people who had never heard of ultimate before. I feel sorry for them. They're missing out.
Anyway, so my big goal is to learn how to throw the Frisbee over-hand so that it, like, twists sideways in mid-air and goes where I want it. That would be boss! I hope they can teach me that because I need to figure a strategy out to overcome the "shortness" factor. What I mean by that is, ultimate seems to attract really tall, big guys and I'm not so tall (5'4), so it's really hard to get around them, you know? I'd love to get better and then go beat the pants of the Grace Community players--oops. Did I say that out loud? Nah, I'm just kidding. Those guys are great and honestly, they only doubted me until they saw that I could run, catch and throw. Then they were cool and I was the secret weapon. Kind of.
Classes went well today although I was very close to embarrassing myself. It's a really short story to tell orally, however I've already written it in an e-mail and realized that it takes a lot more to write it out and, though I am fearless when it comes to writing long blogs (as most of you "regulars" know--I think I have a few "regulars" out there...), I would rather not write it out because frankly, it's not all that great. Suffice to say I was very close to catching foot-in-mouth syndrome in front of a class of about 150. No problem though. I'm confident in myself.
My classes will be busy this semester with lots of reading and I have to balance this whole Mexico trip class and State Press Magazine stuff, but all in all I think it'll work out. I suppose we'll see how it goes later on in the semester.
Alrighty kids. That does it for me. I'm starting to get a little sleepy--maybe I'm finally starting to fall back into my "normal" sleep schedule of 10 p.m to 6 a.m. Well, it's 11, but it's close enough, right?
Hasta, gente. Quiero regresar a Mexico para hablar con la gente y pasar el tiempo cerca de la frontera!!!!!!!!!! :*(

No comments: