THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Hope my "monster poem" didn't scare anyone--it tends to scare me from time to time, but as of right now, the monster has left the building. Keep me in your prayers that God would strengthen my walk with Him and that I would be able to get back on track with my own spiritual growth. It's the only way to fight the monsters off or at least keep them at bay...
It's been a decent weekend, but as usual, it felt very short and this week doesn't look like it's going to be a bowl of cherries either. (Did that make sense?)...I'm still tarrying on with the wedding plans--I think we've now figured out what we want for the cake, but the most important part, at least to Obadiah ;), is how it's going to taste, so I suppose we'll be trying out cake flavors or debating for the next several weeks...
We also met with a DJ today, and unfortunately, he's not going to be ours, but the company's good and supposedly his second-in-command is excellent as well, so we'll see. At least that's been squared away and it's a great deal.
Still waiting on the photographer and the caterer; the two biggest things aside from figuring out guest numbers. And we're doing our premarital counseling, though right now it consists of going through studies together. I'm really enjoying the studies except for when the book says things like "romance tends to die after the first six months, though some say it's more like after two or three years and then you'll see the REAL person." yikes! Who's safe to marry if THAT's true???
How will you ever know what you're getting yourself into, so to speak? Seriously, am I the only one who finds that little sentence just slightly disturbing? I mean, I feel like I'm making a great decision here and then all of a sudden WHAM! "By the way (said in an ever-so-sugary-sweet-tone), the person you've agreed to marry? Well, he's not going to exist three years from now."
Dude, why aren't there more books for engaged couples out there, by the way? Does someone just not realize how friggin' hard it is to be engaged and in that limbo stage? It's like in college group the other night. All the singles can stick around to watch the movies and all you marrieds just go home and have sex...WELL WHAT THE HECK, WHAT ABOUT US??!!
Anyway, my theory about the lack of encouraging and guiding books for engaged couples, is that those who are experiencing the engaged-couple-planning-a-wedding-syndrome are too dang busy planning a wedding to even THINK about writing a book, much less READING a book. Which brings me to our next wonderful topic: School.
Yes, boys and girls, tomorrow is my first day of my Senior year in college. Wait. That means this is my last first-day-of-school...ever. Unless I go back, which I highly doubt. Wow. Last first day of school ever....
So I'll be cracking the books open this week and also preparing for the Mexico trip class, taking Media Law, Chicano Studies, Hispanic Literature (in Spanish, of course), and Ultimate Frisbee (the best class in my schedule, if you ask me). Plus, as I've said before, I'll be writing for the magazine section of the paper at school. Whoohoo.
Enough of my rantings and ravings. You get the gist. My life is busy. I'm planning a wedding. I'm going through emotional turmoil yatta, yatta, yatta. Blah blah blah. I'm really not trying to complain because I really do love my life. I hope that comes across here and that it's not just about my frustrations or difficulties. But then again, you've entered my thoughts, my heart and my own reflections so it's not always going to be sun-shiny and rose-colored, is it?
Better get going and start cleaning a room that hasn't been touched since I got back last Sunday (que terrible!). Tomorrow's class doesn't start until 4:40--oh woe is me! :)
Hasta gente!

No comments: