THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

No computer at home really messes with the time available to blog. Forgive me, kids as I have not had the chance to get on here and write briefly.
So I'll be returning to reality as of Sunday. How fun is that? Friday night we'll be going out with the crew from work for a night on the town--let me know if anyone wants to join us. It will be a lovely night of dancing and maybe a little bit of bar-hopping...did I say that? Hey, it's okay to go and do that if you're not getting trashed. Like I said before, it's interesting the stereotypes I placed on those who partook of the "sins" of bar-hopping and/or clubbing. Anyway, if it makes you stumble, don't go, however, I don't find it all that bad for myself and I'm not dragging anyone along with me who doesn't want to go.
Sunday was pretty crazy. I really felt a call on my heart while we were watching the video of the kids and teens in Ireland. I so want to be there and direct and help, but I also know in this time i need to grow to be able to better do that someday. I wish I could just move there now though and start the work. I was praying about the possibility of doing that; being a full-time missionary in a foreign country and all on Sunday and the last few days and was reading my Bible in good 'ol Matthew on Monday morning when I ran across Jesus telling the disciples "the harvest is great but the workers are few." Send me! Let me be a worker! I can't imagine a greater thing than that and then who knows? Maybe I could write a book about ministry in Ireland and the perpetuating myths about the community. Who knows? I'd really like to go over there at least someday. Honestly though, I'm just interested in the world and meeting people and helping people, so wherever I end up, that's where I'll be. Sounds kinda silly to say it that way, but seriously, God, just take my life and take me where you want me! You've got the best planned for me so I just want the best there is. Tough? Yes. The dark side was wandering in the other day reminding me about having kids and them not growing up around their grandparents if we were to move to another country--what about their schooling? How would they adjust? Having kids would really affect how much time you could devote to the ministry, in fact, it'd hinder it because you'd have a kid on a hip the whole time...But those things don't bother me much because I know God will give Obadiah and I kids someday at the appropriate time. Maybe our "kids" will be the kids we work with for a while, who knows? All I know is kids after two years of marriage seems kinda quick to me now, especially when I think about all of the adjusting and changes we'll be going through...again though, that's in God's hands.
It was fun hanging out with everyone on the river Saturday, in case anyone missed that. The tops of my legs below the knee burned a little, but aside from that, I'm good as gold. Good tan, finally. Office life is not particularly conducive to deep brown tans and tan lines, you know?
Anyhoo, I should get back to doing what I should. Just thought I'd drop a short note to let y'all know I'm surviving, having fun, missing everyone and coming home on Sunday.
Toodles from Tucson! (only 3 more days...)

No comments: