THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Another day to blog. What to blog. Well, it was your typical day. Got up. Went to work (skipped the whole getting dressed part, didn't I...). Worked until 6. Ate dinner. Started to clean my room. Spied my computer. Checked out the other blogs. I have to say, the only thing I hate about blogs is that they are not eternal. They're just put out there into cyber space and my kids won't get this. Not unless I print all of them out. To an extent, your written words could be lost forever. However, if I did this in a physical diary, that'd be there forever...unless a terrible fire swept through the house, annihilating everything. Worst case scenario though.
So I guess I'm coming home this weekend. Part of me doesn't think I should because I only have this weekend and next until I'm back home--actually, not even next weekend, although I'm debating on which day to come back. I know that the group from work wants to take us out on the town for a last hoorah as a sort of going away thing, but that may be a Friday night. That'd be fun though.
It's really weird to think I'll be leaving this place to go home. Home. Hmm...this kinda feels like home to an extent. I've settled and like it here. I miss my family and my friends, but I also like my little taste of freedom. I feel almost completely on a different planet. Anyway, I'm yammering about stupid things tonight.
No border this weekend. Michael has a family emergency. Please pray for him and his family as his mother just found out some not-so-great news.
I thought this semester was going to be easy, but I was wrong. It's going to be insane. I need to start brainstorming more story ideas, especially on Monterrey, Mexico. I'm really looking forward to that project and exploring another part of Mexico as well. It should be cool. Oh, for all you who don't know, the depth reporting class I was selected to be in will be putting together a media package that represents the Cronkite Journalism school at ASU so we're working with Monterrey Tec journalism students to produce articles, photos, and video of Arizona and Mexico and their ties through Monterrey. I'm not sure why they chose Monterrey for immigration issues--it seems awefully far-removed--but we'll see.
Vision's getting blurry so i better go to bed.
Toodles from Tucson

No comments: