THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 25, 2004

So this won't be as deep as a few days ago, but today has been interesting. Do you ever feel like even though you're spending time with someone in a group, that you're not really spending time with them? I've found that even though I am with my best friend in a group, in a crowd, I can still feel alone and I can still miss him. I'm so ridiculous sometimes! :) I think I find the most complicated ways of feeling emotions sometimes. But hey, I'm a quality time person. You could buy me the fanciest present in the world, but if you won't spend a few uninterrupted hours with me, doing absolutely nothing but talking or doing absolutely nothing but staring, then you don't know how to make me intrinsically happy. Isn't that strange? I crave more than anything in the world to know others and to be known. More than anything, I just love getting to know someone and know their thoughts. Maybe that's why reality TV is so appealing to me at times, though I know the production people take what they like to hear and see and put it on the screen--slant it if you will.
Where was I going with that? Oh yeah, so reality TV...it's interesting to get into people's heads. I psychoanalyze myself all the time...I wonder if anyone else out there does...Oh well.
So tonight I finally got my "alone time" with my best friend. Nothing like it in the world and nothing I'd ever trade it for. That hour made me feel so much more connected and meant so much to me. And there's also something about enjoying the outdoors by the lake and just walking in God's creation. Very pleasant although I had been looking forward to Ultimate Frisbee. However, I know my heart really needed that time and it definitely felt like it was remedied.
Deep thought for the night; I need to get back into a Bible-reading schedule. I'm so terrible about getting up in the morning to do it. Keep that, among many other things, in your prayers. Also, Tucson...oh Tucson, my beloved..haha. Off I go hi-ho, hi-ho, this summer. I'm still praying about where the heck I'm going to live down there...I may end up at the dorms and oh, how much fun that would be! But I'm praying that God would place me in that room or house where I am needed and can be used. I know he can do awesome things and I'm willing to give him my summer, at the very least, to let him have me. I'll be trying the Vineyard out down there, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully it'll feel as good as this church family (dude, these stupid grey pop up ads are getting on my nerves! Anyone know how to get them to stop coming back???)
OK, enough of the ads, i'm out of here. Thanks for reading my heart. Hope you're having a great night/week/day whatever.

No comments: