THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 03, 2004

Conversations with God(JNG 4/3/04)
I feel your heart breaking
As I read the words on your heart,
I know your frustrations
I know you don't know where to start.
Sometimes you wish you had the power to change
Those things out of your control,
To make life sweeter
And cleanse each person's soul.
I feel your pain
As you observe what seems hopeless,
And the intervention you await,
Seems far away; you're restless.

+++++++++
Change.
Will it come or will it go,
God's plan seems so out of reach, everything out of control
Tackle one problem, but before you know,
Another one surfaces, another ache in your soul.

Lord I need your wisdom,
Your clarity, your thought,
Tell me what to do,
Remind me what you taught.
I keep on falling into the abyss,
And you keep reaching out for me,
I try to take care of myself,
Believing I already hold the key.

This life seems so confusing at times,
The lure so deliciously baited,
Yet time again when I grab ahold
I'm reminded I should have waited.

Take this reckless abandon
Take it far away from me,
Lead me out of the depths of darkness,
Turn me loose, set me free.

++++++++++++
I know your pain,
I see your grief,
Give me your yoke,
Accept this relief.
Rest in the One who's known you
Since the time you were spun,
Keep on pressing on
Until this battle is won.

++++++++++++++
Faithful to forgive,
Faithful to trust,
Lord I hand to you this precious gift
The one you said I must.
You gently entrusted it to me
What seems a thousand days ago,
I held it close for a bit of time
Then did what my second nature knows.
I turned my face from you
Yet you persisted on,
Reminding me it wasn't mine
And someday it would be gone.
After that it would be You and me
With no distractions or worldly things,
Just my Abba and me
You are my love song, you are my king.

No comments: