THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 24, 2004

Hello all!
I'm recovering from a cold right now, isn't that fun? Everyone's getting sick. In fact, I haven't seen Obadiah since Sunday for that very reason and there's no telling if I'll even see him tonight. Poor thing, his birthday (the big 24) is tomorrow and he'll be sick for it. No fun. Anyway, my immune system's probably dragging, so I'm almost positive if I spent time with him, I'd probably catch the miserable cold he's got. So this week hasn't been the most fun because, well, you know, I like seeing him during the week and 5 minute conversations every day just doesn't seem to cut it sometimes. But I'm surviving; we're surviving...
Last night I had an interesting experience. I've made a new friend and her name is Chelsea. She works with me at the school magazine and she specializes in the underground music scene. Anyway, she knows practically all the bands that come through Phoenix and last night she called me up to see if I wanted to go with her to see a band she'd just written about. I was like "okay, sure. Something to do other than homework(which I've been holed up in my house doing every night before going to bed early to kick this sickness..)" So I met up with her and we went to the Marquee Theatre in Tempe.
Well, we walk up and we get our free tickets and our backstage pass and we have to stick the sticker on. However, on the black sticker is a picture of President Bush with a giant red "X" through his face. That's when I realize that I'm about to enter the Rock Against Bush Tour concert. Yikes. Talk about feeling like a minority! But hey, it's stupid to just shun anyone who doesn't believe the same things I do, so I shrugged it off and went inside with her.
It wasn't too political until the headliner Anti-Flag came on and started spewing obscenities about the president. Hmm...what was that song they wrote called...? Oh yah, "die for your government" and another was "F*** police brutality," etc. Then of course you got the whole "he lied to us about WMD," and I think one of the lyrics to a song about him was "turncoat, liar..." you get the drift.
Just looking out over the crowd of kids flashing the "bird" at the sound of our president's name and the anger and hostility in their voices and eyes, man, it was crazy.
So I kept my little conservative mouth shut and just soaked it in. No use picking a fight with a punk rocker in tight pants and a mohawk...
That was my "exciting" night last night. I'm sure you're all jealous. Nonetheless, it was an experience albeit slightly unnerving.
Well, better get going and take care of some of my chores for the day.
Hasta, gente!

No comments: