THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I have the best cat in the world.

Yes, that's what I'm starting my blog today with. My cat, Destiny, is chillin' at the top of her cat condo watching me do this and that on the computer and looks to have not a care in the world. I used to think that cats had "the life." Sit around all day, play all night and get spoiled with love by their owners. How posh!
But to some extent, I experienced a little of that time this past summer, hanging out at home all day, TV perpetually turned on, sitting on my duff.

It was boring.
And I felt lonely.

For about 8 hours a day, I was at home and my husband was at work. With the house already put together, there was nothing for me to do but sit. Or read. Or, what I resorted to most of the time; watch TV.
And then, when he came home, utter excitement and happiness and my window of time for love and affection.

Suddenly, I WAS the cat.
Yikes.

Now I'm the working stiff, getting home at 7 o'clock at night (this job finishes up this week and the next starts Monday), emotionally drained by other peoples' kids and worn down by the lack of breaks for myself. Such complete, antithetic situations.

So now when I think about my cat, and how sweet and utterly needy she seems to be when I walk in the door, I think of this summer and feel like I know a little bit about how she feels.

It's nice to see your favorite person walk through the door at the end of the day and know you've got a little bit of love and attention coming your way.

Anyway, my cat gets over the love and attention part pretty quickly, but she always seems to need to at least be in the same room with me. And as silly as it sounds, it feels really good to even have that little bit of presence at the end of the day.

No comments: