THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Ah, day 2 of career-of-my-dreams has come and gone and man am I tired! It's been a whirlwind of orientation, then right into my first story and more on that today. I worked 9.5 hours today and didn't sleep well last night...I'm trying to adjust. I think I was feeling subconsciously anxious last night (on top of the fact that the cat that I praised just a few posts ago decided to meow at my door for half the night). So I was lazy this morning. And grumpy. And just plain tired. No run for me (first time I've done that during this training schedule, but no worries).
As for the training schedule, it's going really well for me, I think. Sunday was my long run of the week and I ran 6 miles. It was sub-9-minute mile pace, and I felt pretty good. The only thing that concerns me is a bit of pain I keep getting near my ankle. But I'm monitoring it and I'm sure it will be fine.

Met my competition today. The "Dark Star" newspaper reporter came to the same meeting. Not sure if I should feel badly for the fact that the competitive spirit (okay, albeit prideful spirit) in me wants to beat him at his game. It's time to do some scooping. Yikes, day 2 and I'm already like this??
Wish me luck. Dark Star must go down. (Still need clever name for my paper, but don't know what the antithesis in Star Wars example is....)

Finally got our honeymoon and mini-vacation pictures back. I can finally do some scrapbooking! Well, maybe not this weekend. We'll be going to the lake on Sunday (yes!!!) and I'll be jumpin' on my wakeboard :)
Alrighty, peace out for now

No comments: