THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Only five more days until he gets back! I don't think he even has a clue that I'm going to be waiting there for him when he gets off of the van at church. It's so strange not hearing from him or seeing him in so long. It's almost as if he's turned into a figment of my imagination, as if it was some wonderful, far off dream. I can't really believe that he's coming back. I guess somewhere in my mind I convinced myself that there was a possibility that he wouldn't--me and my worrying! Que terrible!
  No night on the border tonight. Big story happened today, but I'm not at liberty to talk about it until it comes out tomorrow. I wish I could have gone. It sounds like an amazing story--difficult, but amazing. Sorry to tease you all. I'll try to remember to put it on my page. It'll be written by the border reporter I've been working with. I'm looking forward to seeing it myself.
  What else has been going on? Well, exciting news. My article that I've been working on for the last week could make the front of the paper on Thursday! I'm not going to get my hopes up because there are tons of important things that they want to put on the cover, so who knows. I think it's a a great story and I came up with it by myself and figured out all of the details myself. We'll go through and edit it tomorrow and I suppose I'll find out if my editor likes it or not.
  I'm really growing fond of Tucson and being so close to the border. I suppose most would say it's ugly and dirty and lower class looking, but I like it. I like the old architecture--the 90-year-old casitas with original wood flooring and hidden basements. I like the history the city's trying to preserve in the downtown area. But I really believe I could live pretty much anywhere.
  On our way to do a follow up interview the other day with a man whose backyard is the border, we (Marizco and I) stopped in Bisbee briefly to check it out since I'd never been there. The town is really cool. Its museum is really cool too because it had all kinds of journalism stuff in it like old newspapers and typewriters and radio equipment from back in the day. It's great seeing history, you know?
  I'm hoping to get together with the other border reporter one of these days. Marizco raves about him being a "fantastic" journalist. He's won numerous awards for his coverage. He goes on vacation soon so hopefully we can figure something out.
  Well, I'm tiring of sitting at the computer. We'll see what happens next...
  Toodles from Tucson

No comments: