THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 29, 2007

The bittersweet door
-jp 10/29/07

The bittersweet revolving door
Ushers me to an exciting beginning,
While pushing back all of the old
As it continues spinning.

Yes, as with time
Friends come and go,
And before it's realized
Life changes and it's hard to know.

What's next?
When and where do I move?
A never-ending game of chess
With no winners and nothing to prove.

You are the Hand guiding my steps
When I walk through that door,
You are there in front of me,
Behind me and beside me giving me more.

I know you'll never give me
More than my sometimes-weak body can handle,
And though in the darkness sometimes I may travel
You are my Light, you are the candle.

So through the portal I will go
Watch time slip by and wait,
Knowing your timing is perfect
Never too early, never too late.

3 comments:

Keith said...

That was awesome!

friend said...

And God gives nothing but himself
and takes everything that he might be glorified
and we find love in every moment
that he says "My grace is sufficient for thee."

I liked your poem.

Jen said...

Thanks, guys!