THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 10, 2007

Tired -jp 9/10

Feeling weighed down
By the rocks of their lives,
Trying to be supportive
Sifting through all of the lies.

Throwing pearls to pigs
Hoping they'll recognize the treasure,
Loving them despite the drama
Struggling to hide my displeasure.

I know not to take up their yoke
And shift it onto my shoulders,
Yet time and again
I try to help by holding on to theirs.

Finding that balance
Of loving others but letting them deal,
Watching them live out the pain
All the while knowing what is real.

I can't make their choices
Nor can I try,
But something hurts me
To sit and see it all go by.

1 comment:

Keith said...

I struggle with this issue too. Sometimes I want to bail my daughter out when she makes a bad choice. But I sincerely think they learn from these bad choices some valuable lessons.

We can love, pray, give advice, etc. What we can't do is make the choice for them.