THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 15, 2005

This week was amazing and I am just blown away by God's loving response to situations I never thought could turn around so quickly. Let me explain...

Just after starting my newspaper job at the "Bright Star" (as opposed to the "Dark Star" across town), I met a gentleman who always seemed cheerful and kind and I truly had a wonderful time chatting with him. As I talked with him further, I found out that this fellow, we'll call him Tim, was a Christian.
Tim had attended a very popular church in the city, but said he felt "like a number" in the megachurch. He sat next to a different person every week and the furthest his relationship went with them was "hi, how are ya."
He quit going and started church shopping.
Then I happened along and invited him to mine. Not say mine's perfect, but I genuinely believe we have a knack for reaching out to new people.
I think he found the same and felt comfortable.
He immediately joined a new believers group and he now attends on Tuesdays.
Then he was baptized last Sunday.
Then, his unbelieving son, who saw him baptized, asked if he could go to Youth group on Wednesday.
He attended, came home with "The Message" Bible and the pair talked until midnight about Jesus.
Tim's son came to the Lord that night.

This all happened in the span of a month.

PRAISE GOD!

**Please keep Tim's family in prayer--his ex-wife says she's a believer, his daughter Abbey is not and is shy of public settings and wants nothing to do with Tim's beliefs. Pray that God will tug at her heart, her curiousity, anything and draw her in.

No comments: