THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 05, 2004

Thursday, November 4th--Two days after Election Day

My media law professor wore black today. Not just a black shirt or shoes--EVERYTHING. His silk tie, which was normally a pallet of colors, was pure black.
He was in mourning. The Daily Show fan had talked ambiguously and sometimes outright about "Dubya" all semester. He said he'd be rejoicing on Thursday if the "righ man" was elected. Today, he was in mourning.
He showed us the Daily Mirror's cover. The London tabloid's face read "how can 59 [million] people be so dumb?" with a picture of our president waving. Clearly, my professor was in agreement. As were many of my fellow-students and my Chicano Studies professor. The girl in my Chicano Studies class, the one who asked us all to register to vote, still had Kerry-Edwards political buttons all over her knapsack.
My media law professor said he doesn't have enough black to wear for four years. The lawyer I worked with on Election Day said she'd move to Canada. The girl in my Ultimate Frisbee class said she couldn't even respect or accept the reelection of President Bush.
Through all of his, all I could think of was "get over it." It's true, I would have been disappointed if Kerry had been elected, however, I would have said "okay; the people have spoken."
I just hope that this hatred against our President subsides and that people will grow up a little and make a difference in the areas they feel are important. Move on and accept it.

No comments: